What HR / recruiters look for in your CV and the logic behind?
What HR / recruiters look for in your CV and the logic behind it?
Every role we advertised (depends on job title / seniority), we can expect to receive around 20 to 150 CVs.
We have a special skill to quickly scan through the resumes & get a feel of who are you, and determine if you're suitable with the role.
We pay attention to some points:
- Make sure the potential candidate has the type of background sought by the Job, e.g. education, language, etc.
- Current company and position, service time at that company and how related? so will think about the stability & whether they are fit with the culture
- Knowledge gained in that related industry or job, and particularly looking for candidates with experience in well-known respected firm, or competitors
- Functional skills and work experience, and evaluate his/her achievements, leadership and project management skills, so will think about the track record e.g. whether they have continuously promotion. Warnings for special attention:
- Dates or period missing in their employment history, why?
- Self-employed? Consultant title? Director of some unknown company?
- Candidate it is too jumpy? Candidate has changed their career field and industry?
- Candidate has job title up and down? And the reason for job change in each company.